Digital Mason is now looking to grow our database of local designers and developers.
Do you need help tracking your results in Google? Our
Google Ranking Tool
will help you keep track of your Google Rankings.
What is an Internet Consultant?
I was recently contacted by a student who was assigned to find out what an internet consultant does. This made me really think about what all we do and why. In my letter back, I laid out the following....
As an internet consultant, the services can be any of the following:
- Consulting / Development of Internet Applications
- Merchant Accounts
- Shopping Carts
- Interfacing with vendors
- XTranet Applications
- Business to Business (b2b) Applications
- Business to Client (b2c) Applications
- Development of Simple Brochure-ware (just flat web sites for marketing)
- Consulting / Development of Internet Marketing Plans / Methods
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
You can see what is involved in this at our SEO 101 Tutorial on http://www.increaseranking.com
- Email Marketing Campaigns
- Opt-In Newsletters
- Consulting / Design and Development of Networks
- Design of TCP/IP Networks
- Consulting / Development of Specifications for any of these projects
These services can be research on best practices, best applications to fit a clients business model, most cost effective approach to whatever the goal is, study of business processes for specification purposes. This involves a clear understanding of the clients business model and an understanding of the goals they are trying to achieve. The Consultant will normally compile a report on their findings and offer any additional expertise/services to help the client obtain their goals.
This is just a quick overview of the things an internet consultant can provide. Others may offer other services as well, but I thought this would be enough for his purposes.